Sunday, May 27, 2012

Shinky Dink Bracelet from Rust & Sunshine



I made this after seeing this post. http://rustsunshine.blogspot.com/2012/04/shrinky-bracelet.html I have meaning to make shrinky dinks for a while now. This was a fun, easy and cheap project . If you don't want to purchase something from the bakery/deli, politely ask them for containers. Make sure they are #6 plastic. I ended up getting two smaller ones (like the ones they place a single slice of cake or a small sandwich in) since they were out of the larger size they place cookies in. I randomly scribbled on the containers once cut out in purple and pink sharpies but use your faves. I then cut each piece into four and rounded the corners and hole punched as directed. Preheat your oven to 250 degrees F. Place the plastic on a wax paper covered cookie sheet. Make sure you watch the plastic as it curls and then flattens very quickly in the oven. If I make another one I may draw flowers on each rectangle or even make a heart shaped pendant.



2 comments:

  1. Parchment paper might work better than wax, which could leave a residue on the project, but yours looks really nice!

    ReplyDelete