Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Turtle Necklace

"See the TURTLE of enormous girth
On his shell he holds the earth
If you want to run and play
Come along the BEAM today".

I love Stephen King, and Chris (my husband) is reading The Dark Tower series which I read a long time ago. This in an awesome series of books that connects all of his books and characters and is a story about Roland of Gilead and some companions that he picks up along the way and his/their quest for the Dark Tower. There is a sigul of a turtle in it and he says that it (this necklace) reminds me of it. This is just like this necklace http://www.favecrafts.com/Pendants/Glitter-Bread-Dough-Pendant, free form the turtle (or whatever shape you like). I would have made him green but I didn't even know I was going to make a turtle, I intended to make a star. Instead of piercing the turtle (which I couldn't do) I glued a jump ring to it with E6000. The paper beads are made from rose print tissue paper from the Dollar Tree.



No comments:

Post a Comment